General Supply List for China and Glass Painters
This general supply list is a guide to help you shop for china and glass painting supplies online. Refer to the list of suppliers for specialty supplies.here.
| Brushes * Clay Shapers * Pens
Oils * Potions * Cleaners
- #12 or #14 Kazan Squirrel Brush
- #6 Flat Kazan Squirrel or Sable Brush
- #8 Flat Kazan Squirrel or Sable Brush
- #2 Flat Kazan Squirrel or Sable Brush
- Chisel Tip Wipe Out Tool (Clay Shaper)ea.
Clay Shapers are available in other shapes. The chisel
shape seems to be the tool we use the most in class.
- Fine point calligraphy pen
Available in craft and art stores.
China Paint and/or Glass Paint
- 4"x 4" or 6" x 6" Tile for mixing paint
- Fine Point Sharpie Marker
- Small Dish for Mineral Oil
- Stylus (Available at craft stores)
- China Marker
- Cotton Rags
- Pallet for mixed paint
- toothpicks (optional)
- Cotton Swabs (optional)
- Tracing Paper
- Graphite Paper
- Crayon (any color)
- Jar/with lid for Brush Cleaner.
Available in Art supply stores or
A hand made jar w/lid & screen is available
for purchase in class.I can teach you how to
make your own inexpensive brush cleaner jar as well.
Surfaces for Painting
I understand the need to keep expenses lower, I encourage new students
to purchase a small supply of colors and then build
on their color inventory as needed. Following is a list of recommended colors.
- American Beauty.........$8.95
(Optional--you will want this color sooner or later.:))
- Black Grape
- Sap Green
- Brown Green
- Darkest Green
- Rich Brown
- Pecan Yellow Brown #2
- Mixing Yellow
- Yellow Brown
- Flux if you are painting on glass
Please avoid bringing these items to class.
- China BlanksAvailable on line and some big box stores. Refer to the list of suppliers for specialty porcelain items here..
- Porcelain or china recycled from a flea market or garage sale.
- Field TileAssemble a grouping of hardware store tiles and create a mural or paint on one tile.
- Glass--Inexpensive Glass.
Avoid leaded glass crystal.
Look for recycled glass items and window glass.
Explosions in the kiln cause costly damage to the kiln firebrick lining and elements.
- Do not use leaded crystal because it can melt in the kiln.
- Blown glass ornaments without a hole for air to escape is iffy and can explode in the kiln.
- Do not fire rock or stones because they can have pockets of water and explode in the kiln.
Total Starter Supplies will cost around $60.00 to $100.00. China painting supplies last a long time.
E-mail: 💌 email@example.com
© 2010-2021 Mary Lou LaBerge