Garden Theme Tile Using Stamping Technique
Easy: Fire Once in Electric Kiln
- Ceramic or porcelain tile purchased from hardware store.
The tile used in this project had a brownish glaze. Avoid using stone or rock tiles in kilns. Water trapped in voids can cause explosions.
- Squirrel or Sable Brushes
- China Paint--Used Rich Dark Brown for this project.
- Clay Shaper or Wipe Out Tool
- Access to an Electric Kiln
Below are a few techniques that I used to create this tile. As you work on your project you will discover more ways to create interesting themes and textures.
- With a brush apply paint to rubber stamps and press firmly onto your tile.
- For the tree and the branch apply paint to the tile then wipe out your design with a clay shaper.
- On the upper left hand portion, next to the ladybugs, paint was applied and then a stamp pressed over the paint. A wipe out tool used lightly over the design gives it the appearance of tooled leather.
- You can use a pen with china paint and/or a rubber stamp painted with china paint to add words.
- Fire at cone 014.
E-mail: 💌 firstname.lastname@example.org
by Mary Lou LaBerge